Today in class we copied the vocab into our vocab charts, went over the plural nominative pronouns – wir, ihr, sie and Sie and how to conjugate verbs for them. We also worked on how to conjugate the irregular sehen
er, sie, es sieht
sie, Sie sehen
Then we worked with the verbs sammeln and basteln and how they do not need an e to conjugate them
example: er bastelt oder du sammelst.
Then we compeleted pages 1 and 2 as in class work of our workbook.
On Wednesday 10-16-13 our state project is due!@!!!!!!!
ein Übersicht an Deutsch 4
Was machen wir dieses Jahr
Wir müssen immer Deutsch sprechen.
Wenn man nicht auf Deutsch spricht, muss man 5¢ bezahlen.
Am ende des Jahres haben mit das Geld eine Party.
Jeden Tag haben wir SSR und wir werden lesen
. Ungefähr 20 Minuten pro Tage
Am ende jedes Woche schreiben wir ein kleines Paragraph über was du gelesen hast.
das kann auf Edmodo oder Papier sein
d. Wightige Technologie
. Wir können unseres Handy in der Klasse benutzen aber nur für Deutschklasse dingen.
Es gibt ein App für das….
sharable flash card maker
Apple app- http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/studyblue/id323887414
Leo Dictionary – Online German Dictionary
. Website – http://dict.leo.org/
Apple Version – http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leo-dictionary/id396838427?mt=8
Android Version – https://market.android.com/details?id=org.leo.android.dict&hl=en
BeoLingus – Better online dictionary but no smartphone apps
. link for mobile devices-http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/pda
Link for computers- http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de
How do you make those crazy German letters on a website?
. If you are typing with your phone hold down the letter that corresponds with what you want to make
example for ä hold a for ß hold s
a. If you are on your computer a fast and east way is this website – http://notengoenie.com/
In Microsoft word at the top you can click insert then symbol and find what you need
Twitter – @PalmertonGerman – https://twitter.com/PalmertonGerman
. Need to ask me a question outside of class and get an immediate response?
. use this or my email – email@example.com
my blog, and Tumblr automatically post to this
. practice, information, things to know, blog posts
everything you need to know in one place
Tumblr – http://deutschirl.tumblr.com
. Photos of German out in our English speaking world
Extra Credit available this semester – take and add your own photos
. where it was taken, what is it of, who makes the product, what is a summary of the German.
German 2 students:
Due to the inability to post this at school because it is blocked, I cannot post my study guide for German 2. However I can post the link to a Google doc I made containing all of the links and information you need! So here it is!
Viel spaß und viel Glück!
German teachers out there in the twitterverse and internets I need your help! My school will be offering a level 4 German for the first time in many years and a level 3-also the first in a long time My colleague and I have the book series Komm mit. Which above level 1 book(which we use for German 1 and 2) we do not like. We would like to know what are themes and units that you do in levels 3/4. What literature do you cover? This would be my first time ever teaching 3 or 4 and if it is her teaching the first time in many years. We were looking into using the e-textbook for portfolio deutsch from langenscheidt. Maybe you could share a syllabus or unit time line or pacing guide of what you do! I personally don’t want to focus on these way out dated textbooks-I used this copyrighted version when I was in highschool and u graduated in 1998- PLEASE HELP U IN ANY WAY. You can reach me through email firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @PalmertonGerman or through the comments on this page. Thanks for any help you can offer!
With all of the absences and fieldtrips that have been happening since the start of this unit I am putting all of the information of what you may have missed up on my blog. You are responsible for turning in what is assigned – even if you are not present on a school day.
- Students were presented with a short biography of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe – what the literary movement of Sturm und Drang was about, a short discussion about Faust, his relationship with Friedrich Schiller, his time in Jena and Weimar (and why this is of particular interest to me – having studied in Jena at the Freidrich Schiller Universität.)
- Next working in pairs we figured out who the four “speakers” of the poem were and lightly colored in the lines they spoke to make a graphic organizer of who was speaking when in the poem.
- We watched some videos depicting the poem and compared them to our pictures in our head of what we thought was going on
- Here is the first video – a cartoon: http://youtu.be/wusVHokSa98
- Here is the second video – Schuberts composition with an opera singer: http://youtu.be/5XP5RP6OEJI
- Here is the third video – live action with Schuberts compostition: http://youtu.be/oV_-cJcaNv0
- Here is the fourth video – a comic interpretation – http://youtu.be/gXWHTYZL180
- Here is the fifth video – a Brazilian silent film inspired by the poem – http://vimeo.com/778215
- Students made single stick figure depictions of what was happening in each quatrain on the Erlkönig poem.
- We watched/listened to a modern interpretation of the poem by the heavy metal group, Rammstein called Dalai Llama. We completed a Venn diagram of the Rammstein song, the Goethe Poem and the Schubert composition
- Read the text and listen to the song “Dalai Lama” by Rammstein and compare/contrast the song, the poem by Goethe, and the composition by Schubert in the Venn diagram in your packet.
- Students created a poem of their own, on any topic of their choosing in German. There were four types – descriptions are outlined in your packet on how to complete them – cinquain, word picture, and haiku, acrostic. This was completed in class and decorated on “fancy” paper.
- The final unit assignment/project was to choose one of the following interpretative assignment options
- Perform a reading of the poem, auf Deutsch, set to music of your choice that is appropriate to the mood and theme of the poem.
- Create a collage or other piece of visual art (must be at least 11” x 14” in size) including the text of the poem and images/decorations that interpret the poem.
- Create a Powerpoint or video, animated or live action, in which you include the words of the poem and images to accompany it. If you want to have music accompaniment you may.
- Rewrite the poem (auf denglisch – that is using what you CAN say in German and what you can’t in English! There needs to be a good mix!) telling the same story but in a different means. See the example
This semesters speaking final exam will be comprehensive with all topics from chapters 7-11 of Komm mit.
• Sign-up sheet for a flex period are located on my office door (in between Mr. Kellermans’ and Mrs. Kneppers’ rooms)
o Choose your date and time! Be aware which day you are signing up for so you do not sign up during your lunch!
o You are responsible for signing up – if you do not sign up you will accept that your grade will be a 0 for this portion
o If you are absent on your assigned day, you are responsible for scheduling a makeup date with me
• There are 50 questions on the test
o Each question is worth one point. 0 Points – no response, English is used, response off topic,
.5 Points – single words or short phrases, incomplete response,
1 Point – adequate response, used target vocabulary and grammatical structures
• This will be given with just you and I in the room to limit distractions and outside noise
Topics to study include:
• Talking about yourself
• Talking about a classroom and teachers
• Chores and things you do around the house
• Directions and places in a town
• Expressing opinions about movies and books – and film/book genres
• Birthday parties, invitations and gifts
Remember: Say what you can say not what you want!
If you cannot directly answer a question – can you talk around the answer – this is called circumlocution.